For this next project, we are to redesign or make up a conference or event's main webpage, getting most of the needed information onto one webpage. I want to use a bunch of flashy screen movements and interactions and throw the design to the shite-eaters, but poor design and gaudy use of technology are no place for a classroom!
The examples Professor p. gave us in class had to do with beer, and now I am thirsty. I remember reading the blog of a man who ran the SF half marathon with a count of one beer per mile, so I look up his info, but he was just one running drunk, not a whole group or event! So, what else do I do? Besides, school( which I don't want to make a page about) and beer, what else is there?
MUSIC.
Remembering my band's aspirations to have enough material for this year's LAUNCH music conference and festival, I decided to check out their webpage...
HOLY BLUE BATMAN! No amount of round=edged rectangular divs could make that design look cool...maybe. Design aside, look at the douchebag picture they picked to represent the conference! Slimy bald stain'd wannabee taking the crucifix pose for a group of some of the most bored kids I have ever seen! That band must have sucked!
The site is set up in three main groups, info for conference goers, info for bands, and directions and such. Each group has sub-groups with information not even a paragraph long, so I think this will make it a little more simple for me to fit the important information on one page.
Here, I'll do some verbal sketching:
First, I'd like the main meat of the initial viewing of the page to be location, times, and the bare bones info you need to be there if you want to. perhaps have it as a sort of rock poster, where the date is, you click and a full list of dates pop up, or you click the band and a list of each band and their location / time is shown. So, musicians and locations/times sweep in from the sides for a pincer attack. Bringing up the rear would be Donors, holding up the conference with their cash, therefor they will thrust upwards with a page that has their logos, all links to their sites. sofar we have a folding swallow: left wing list of involved bands, right wing list of involved locations, tail list of and links to donors, with the breast being the mission statement of LAUNCH music conference. Should the swallow breathe fire?



No comments:
Post a Comment