Tuesday, February 14, 2012
wireframes, personas, and purpose
I will be re-vamping the LAUNCH website for this project. Given constraints of design and project parameters, I will be focusing on the personas of Babs Bleueribbon and Kevin williams, the college bro and the Hip Housewife, with a link to sign-up page for Ronnie Walker. The website will be sidescrolling, with a floating nave bar that will stay in place while the information changes. Tabs will grow or shrink to show where one is at on the page throughout different navigation designs. It will be broken up into three sections, one with a mission statement of sorts, one with bands and artist bios, and one with participating locations and times.
The original website is a bit garish, with 0,0,256 blue on the page and bad photos. I want Kevin and Babs, when they hit the main part of the webpage, to think of popular-style music, so they will think of their favorite bands a little, and get excited to re-live the nostalgia that brings to heart. I'm thinking Gin Blossoms for Babs, and MGMt and Pearl Jam for Kevin. I'm not going for a 90's style design, but I want there to be a degree of a clean alt-country look melded with the outline-less cartoon monsters of modern indie-pop albums and design. (see: chutes too narrow, carbonmade.com) To have a simple aesthetic while not being childish, like a cleaned up and rocking Dr. Seuss.
Colors will be Blues, Grays, Off-white, touches of orange and red for the Launch logo and buttons to stand out, and dark dark near black for the text.
As far as textures go, the ripped paper look I like but it would be unfitting for this page, so I'm thinking, under the clean shapes and cool colors of the page, underlying textures of old stained wallpaper and ink splashes. Like the cast of a circus gypsy striptease show cleaned up for Sunday Mass. In this way we get a nice, clean professional layout with well-ordered information, with the grease and bloodstains of rock n' roll scrubbed well but not fully cleaned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment